Listen to my brother’s self-produced soundtracks and lofi-beats.(GR Productions)
John Paul Arceno
JP is an aspiring author, yet so far to be one (marami pa kong kakaining bigas at lalaklaking kape). I think and not think most of the time hahaha. Socially inclined introvert, gets? Average learner, thinker, preacher, writer, and coffee purist/ enthusiast.
Currently, I am the Lead Pastor of Union Community Bible Church in New Jersey. At the same place, I am the acting Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary-Seminary Education by Extension (SEE) Facilitator of New Jersey Center.
I received an Associate Degree in Information Systems Technology and Management (2012) from Southville International School and Colleges – SEED.
Then, a Bachelor of Secondary Education (2014) at Oxfordian Colleges, Dasmariñas, Cavite. I got my Master of Divinity from Philippine Baptist Theological Seminary, Baguio City, in 2017.
Also, I graduated from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville, Kentucky, with a Master of Theology (ThM) in Theological and Historical Studies (December 2020).
Currently, doing my Postgraduate study in Digital Theology at Spurgeon’s College, London, UK, under tutors Dr. Jonas Kulberg and Dr. Peter Phillips.
More trivia, I am a former coffee shop owner, pastor of Faith in Christ Fellowship-Scout Barrio, Baguio (2016-2019), IT lecturer at Southville International School and Colleges (SEED & SSLC, 2015), LMS-ID website developer and designer.
Recent Published Works:
- “Is Virtual Baptism a ‘Real’ Baptism?” in Theology and Technology ed. William Anderson (Wilmington, DE: Vernon Press, August 2020) – Chapter 9; (PDF Link)
- “A Southern Baptist Story: The Life and Ministry of Henry P. Silbor, 1938-2010,” TALA Kasaysayan: An Online Journal of History Vol 4, no. 1 (June 2021): 46-77.
- “Utopian Virtual Reality in Ready Player One: Responding with Real Hope and the Christian Teleos,” in Film, Philosophy and Religion ed. William Anderson (Wilmington, DE: Vernon Press, August 2021). – Chapter 4; (PDF Link)
- Richard Sibbes and the Work of the Holy Spirit on Assurance of Faith: The Second Sealing of the Holy Spirit (April 2020)
- Sunday School Curriculum of John Bunyan’s The Pilgrim’s Progress (April 2020)
- Virtual Reality and Christianity: Duty to Proclaim the Gospel in the Virtual World (May 2020); Originally “Virtual Reality, Utopian Enlightenment, and the Church”
- Understanding Spiritual Birthday: Richard Baxter on Conversion (May 2020)
- Understanding Jesus as the Messianic Fulfillment of Luke 14:16-21: Opposing Liberation Theology as a Method of Reading the Text (August 2020)
- John Calvin and Thomas Manton on the Lord’s Prayer (November 2020)
Unpublished Book Reviews:
- Arceno Book Review: Evangelicals and Catholics Together by Timothy George and Thomas Guarino
- Arceno Book Review: Enjoy Your Prayer Life by Michael Reeves
- Arceno Book Review: Prayer: How Praying Together Shapes the Church by John Onwuchekwa
- Lecturer, “Theology and Technology: Digital Outreach,” Indigitous Philippines, August 10, 2020 (Online).
- Speaker, “A Webinar on Understanding Anxiety and Depression in Christian Perspective,” University Baptist Church Youth Life Student Center, Sto. Tomas, Batangas, January 23, 2021 (Online).
- Speaker, “Digital Outreach: The Duty to Proclaim the Gospel in the Virtual World,” South Metro Manila Baptist Churches Association Women Missionary Union, Metro Manila, February 25, 2021 (Online).
- Speaker, “Digital Outreach Training for Trainers,” Indigitous International, May 15, 22, and 29, 2021https://indigitous.org/
- Paper Presenter, “Virtual Reality and Christianity: The Duty to Proclaim the Gospel in the Virtual World,” Theme: 500 Years of Christianity: Revisiting the Faith to Move Forward, International Conference on Catechesis and Religious Education, Metro Manila, June 25-26, 2021 (Online). – Zoom Record
- Lecturer, “Basic Digital Theology,” Digital Strategies Course of Foundations for Christian Leadership (International Graduate School of Leadership, Philippines, November 25/29, 2021).
- As External Examiner, “The Experiences of the Selected Children in the Northern Philippine Conference of the Free Methodist Churches in Light of their Social Media Apps Usage, ” by Ken Baldo (M. A. Christian Communication Thesis, Asia-Pacific Nazarene Theological Seminary, Taytay, Rizal, April 25, 2021).